Monday, May 13, 2013

Transfer Enrollment Deadline is Wednesday

The enrollment deadline for admitted transfer students is coming up this Wednesday, May 15 at 11:59 pm ET. If you haven't yet responded to our offer of admission, we hope to hear from you soon! If you have any questions or if we can help you find any information that will help you make your decision, don't hesitate to let us know. As always, you can leave your question in the comments below, or you can call us at (919) 966-3621.

Transfer students bring such a wide range of experiences and perspectives to our campus and we're grateful for the students who choose to join our community as sophomores and juniors. One of our own Admissions Ambassadors, Camille McGirt, transferred here as a junior and has done some outstanding work in the area of public health and service. Below is a little more of her story:

----

My name is Camille, yesterday I graduated from UNC with a BSPH in Health Policy and Management. I came here as a junior transfer student, and it's hard to believe how quickly my two years at Carolina have flown by.

I chose Carolina because I knew it would offer me a thought-provoking academic experience, an engaging social spectrum, and the space and resources to allow my dreams to build a non-profit come true. With help from the people and resources here, I started Healthy Girls Save the World, an organization that provides preventive health education to girls in North Carolina. We work with campus partners to teach young girls about healthy bodies, minds, and relationships.

With graduation behind me, I'm now planning to pursue my interest in public service and attend graduate school. My ultimate goal is to expand Healthy Girls Save the World internationally. What started as a summer project I hope will eventually become not only a career for myself, but an organization that will touch the lives of girls around the globe.

As you consider where you'll spend the rest of your college years, don't be afraid to dream big. The undergraduate experience is what you make it, but at Carolina it always seems that the sky is the limit!