Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Stuff UNC Kids Say

"I'm about to catch the RU and meet you at the UL to study for our JOMC exam."
"Ugh.. my ONYEN password is about expire."
"I have class in Dey Hall this semester, I mean Day.. I mean Die.. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN."

Translation:
The RU is one of the main bus routes around campus (very handy in case of rain).

The UL is the Undergraduate Library, where librarians, resources, and study space abound.

JOMC refers to the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. AKA the J-School.

Your ONYEN is the "only name you'll ever need." It's your UNC username, used for everything from your email to class registration. Having to reset your Onyen password every 90 days is great for security, if a tad annoying.

And Dey Hall, home of Germanic and Slavic Languages and Romance Languages, is indeed pronounced "Die."

Want to learn some more #stuffUNCkidssay? Head over to Twitter!