Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Online Application, it's Shiny and New!

How is the online first-year application going for you all? As you may or may not have noticed, we have a shiny new online application this year. It's part of a fancy new, University-wide computer system that will transform the way students interact with the University online--everything from completing their application to viewing their financial aid information to registering for classes. As one of my coworkers says, "It's slick." So far, I agree that it's pretty cool and I hope you all are finding the online application easy to use.

A couple questions have come up from students about the application:

Does it matter what major I choose as I create my application?
No. We only use that information to assign you an advisor if you are admitted and enroll here. It doesn't play any role whatsoever in our admissions decisions, so you can choose anything you like. And if you change your mind in two months (or two years) that's not a problem at all.

Why can't I start a transfer application?
So far, we only have the First-Year Application and the Nursing Application for Spring 2010 up. The regular Transfer Application for Fall 2010 will be available in September. In the meantime you can get a head-start on your essay (see below).

What other questions do you have? Let us know!

Julie