Monday, October 12, 2009

Updated Application FAQs

I can’t find the Counselor Statement.
You may download the Counselor Statement here.

How do I submit a letter of recommendation?
While filling out your online application, you may specify the name and email of a recommender. Then, when you submit your application, we will send an email to your recommender with instructions on your behalf. Alternatively, if you want your teacher to submit a paper letter, you may download the Teacher Recommendation here.

I selected Deadline 1, but meant to select Deadline 2. How can I change it?
Since you meant to choose regular notification deadline, just be sure to submit your application by January 15. There is no need to contact us. You will then receive your decision by the end of March.

I selected Deadline 2, but meant to select Deadline 1. How can I change it?
Since you meant to choose our early notification deadline, please be sure to submit your application by November 2. When you do submit your application, please notify us at to request that your deadline be changed. You will then receive your decision by the end of January.

Can I print out my application?
When you select the option to submit your application, you will be able to view a report of your application. When viewing the application report, please use your mouse to right-click on the application, and choose the option to “Print.” Once your application is submitted, it is no longer available for viewing or printing.

I had a problem paying with my credit card. May I pay by credit card?
We are sorry you experienced problems when paying your application fee. Please follow the steps below to pay your application fee online:
  1. Log back into your MyUNC account.
  2. Click on your “My Application…” link.
  3. Click Continue on the page that indicates you have attempted to pay your fee.
  4. Click the “Pay by Check” option. Note that the Credit Card option does not appear.
  5. To pay by credit card, close your current webpage and repeat steps 2 and 3
  6. The Credit Card payment option should be available now.

Where are the residency forms?
When you complete our online application, you will be prompted to answer a few simple questions that in most cases will fulfill our requirements for determining residency. If not, you will be prompted to select and complete an additional form.

How do I change my major?
You may change your major after you submit your application by contacting us by phone at (919) 966-3621 or emailing us at