Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thank You and Good Luck

I'm taking a break from shoveling snow -- yes, it's snowing in Chapel Hill -- to say thank you to all our first-deadline candidates, and good luck.

We know that you've been waiting for a long time, and we're sorry that we've had to presume upon your patience. For reasons that we've described elsewhere on this blog, we've needed more time this year than usual. But we've never forgotten how hard it can be to wait, and we hope this blog has helped.

The decisions we're releasing on January 31 are the culmination of many months of work on the part of many people here at Carolina. But we know who's worked the hardest: all of you. Thank you again, and again, good luck.

****CORRECTION ABOUT TRANSFER NOTIFICATION DATE****
In my haste yesterday, I misstated the date by which we'll notify transfer candidates of their decisions. We'll notify transfer candidates in April, not in August. I'm sorry for this error and the confusion I've caused.