Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meet Barkley Barton

Next up in our new staff introductions is Barkley J. Barton, II. Welcome Barkley!

Title: Assistant Director                
Hometown: Knoxville, TN
Alma Mater: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (bachelor's); Bay Path College (master's)
Time at Carolina: Five months
Area of specialty in the office: Yield
Why I love my job: I enjoy each and every aspect of working in Admissions, especially meeting and greeting new students to Carolina.
Why I believe you should apply to Carolina: It is a great place for meeting new and exciting students, faculty, and staff. Carolina wants to teach students who will make a difference and help to solve global issues.
When out on recruiting trips, I like to: Visit new locations, eat local cuisine, and read
If I didn't work in admissions, I would be: Is there anything other than admissions?! I would work for an advertising organization.
If I were a fictional character, I would be: Sherlock Holmes
Favorite ice cream flavor: Snickers by Breyers
Favorite song to sing when I’m in the car by myself: Any R&B or gospel song on the radio