Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet Brandon Carter

We've been excited to welcome some new members to the admissions staff this year, so we'll be introducing you to each of them here on the blog over the next few weeks. If you meet us out on the road this fall in your school or at a college fair, you may well see some of these friendly faces!  First up is Brandon Carter, who first worked in our office as an undergraduate student. We are so happy to have him back as a full-time member of our staff!

Title: Admissions Representative
Hometown: Green Level, NC
Alma Mater: UNC-Chapel Hill
Time at Carolina: A little more than six years (four as a student, two as a Carolina College Advising Corps member, and two months in the Admissions Office)
Area of specialty in the office: Visit and Travel

Why I love my job: Spreading the message of overwhelming joy and ample opportunities Carolina provides its students rewards my heart and soul every day. I’m always looking to turn every person I meet into a Tar Heel!

Why I believe you should apply to Carolina: You work hard, and you play hard. Carolina has established and perfected the mixture of academic success and achievement with extracurricular and athletic excitement. It’ll be the most challenging four years of your life, but you’ll have the most fun doing it.

When out on recruiting trips, I like to: I have yet to travel, but I’m really looking forward to meeting prospective students who dream of attending Carolina.

If I didn’t work in admissions, I would be: Doing PR work for a non-profit organization during the week and traveling to a different European country during the weekend--gorging on delicious food, conversing with the locals, and taking amazing photographs to send back home to my family.

Favorite ice cream flavor: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Favorite song to sing when I’m in the car by myself: “Don’t Disturb This Groove” by The System