Friday, September 14, 2012

Meet Olivia Hammill

Last week we introduced Brandon Carter to the blog, and today we'd like you to meet Olivia Hammill, another new admissions representative in our office. Olivia will be heading out for recruitment travel in just a week or two, so you might just see her in your school or at a college fair soon!

Title: Admissions Representative
 Hometown: Raleigh, NC
Alma Mater: UNC-Chapel Hill
Time at Carolina: Five years (four as a student, almost one as an employee)
Area of specialty in the office: Counseling and guiding prospective students through the admissions process

Why I love my job: After I graduated from Carolina, I didn’t want to leave. Now, I don’t have to! Being an Admissions Representative gives me the opportunity to share my love for this university with prospective students from all over North Carolina, across the country, and around the world.

Why I believe you should apply to Carolina: Carolina offers a college experience unlike any other. You have the opportunity to interact with the most incredible students, collaborate with world-renowned professors, and challenge yourself to be even more than you thought you could be. Once you’re here, no matter what you choose to pursue, you’re part of the Carolina family. That never changes, even after you graduate.

If I didn’t work in admissions, I would be: In the White House (eventually)
If I were a fictional character, I would be: Scarlett O’Hara, from “Gone with the Wind”
Favorite ice cream flavor: Coffee, even though I don’t drink coffee
Favorite song to sing when I’m in the car by myself: “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls