Monday, February 18, 2013

Unusual Question of the Day and More!

Happy Monday! Today has been very busy on the phones, and we've been delighted to talk with you. We received a number of questions—from the frequently-asked to the unusual. We thought it might be helpful to share our answers. We'll start with an unusual one!

Can I make a dental appointment with you?

As much as we believe in dental hygiene, we regret that our office is unable to make appointments for this service. However, every call is important to us and if you call our office, we're happy to share what we do know. And the great news is that the UNC School of Dentistry does offer student clinics for preventive and other dental care. Read more about Becoming A Patient at the UNC School of Dentistry. 



I am a transfer applicant but did not submit my application by February 15. Is it too late to apply?

No. If you have started your application and didn't quite make the deadline, that's okay. As long as we receive your application within the next few days, that should be fine. As a reminder, only your portion of the application, your payment method, and your UNC Supplement (if you're applying via the Common Application) must be submitted for your application to be in the running. Other materials, such as your official transcript and test scores (if applicable), may arrive after the deadline but please arrange to have them to us no later than March 1.

I'm still having trouble submitting my midyear grades. What can I do?

Please read a list of FAQs regarding midyear grades. You may find your answer there.

I never received the email with instructions on creating my Guest ID and can't submit my midyear grades or check my To-do list. 

After you submitted your application, you received an email from us to the email address we had on record for you with these instructions. Are you still using that email address? If so, please check your spam or junk folders as those instructions may have gone into those folders.  If you have checked your email account and do not see these instructions, please email us at unchelp@admissions.unc.edu from the email address that you used when you applied and we will resend them to you. If you are no longer using the email address that you provided in your application, please call us at 919-966-3621.


I am an admitted student, and I want to register for Explore Carolina or Carolina Bound. What do I do?
  • Go to MyCarolina 
  • Choose "View My Event Invitations"
  • Choose the event you wish to attend
  • Click on "Register" and proceed with the registration questions

What if I want to change my Explore Carolina or Carolina Bound date?

  • Go to MyCarolina
  • Choose "View My Event Invitations"
  • Select the event for which you previously registered
  • Choose "Decline"
  • Choose the new date and proceed with the registration questions as above
We regret that we are offering only one session of Carolina Bound (April 19), so if you decline your registration to Carolina Bound, it's not possible to select another date for Carolina Bound. The good news is that if any of our dates are not convenient for you, we encourage you to schedule a visit at any other available time. Except for major holidays, we offer daily information sessions and student-led tours Monday-Friday.