Friday, April 19, 2013

Expand Your Network at Carolina

Carolina students go on to do some pretty amazing things after spending four years with us. Next up in our short series of senior stories is Jane...

My name is Jane, and I’m a senior from Charlotte, NC. As I prepare to graduate in a few weeks, I can’t help but be thankful for all that I have experienced during my time at Carolina. In addition to being some of the most intelligent people I’ve ever met, my classmates are also incredibly kind and welcoming. Instead of fierce competition, we work together to accomplish our goals and change the world.

Majoring in journalism and double minoring in information systems and entrepreneurship connected me with a diverse range of student organizations – from Women in Entrepreneurship to Students for the Ackland Art Museum. I also served as vice president of my sorority, Delta Delta Delta, and I’m still close with friends I made while living on campus my first year. As a campus ambassador with Twitter, Square, and Google, I’ve had the unique opportunity to build my professional network and collaborate with other student leaders by spreading my passion for innovative technology.

The Carolina network is invaluable, and I’ve learned that it extends far beyond Chapel Hill. Not only did I travel to New York with the Advertising Club, but I spent two summers interning in Los Angeles and San Francisco. I’ll actually be heading back to California in the fall to begin working for Google, which is something I wouldn’t have been able to achieve without the support of my Carolina community!


Have a question for Jane? Post it below.