Monday, October 8, 2012

Meet David Hetrick

We've had several new members join our staff this fall, so we're introducing them here on the blog. We've already met Olivia Hammill and Brandon Carter and today we introduce David Hetrick, our third admissions representative. He's an alum of both UNC and the Carolina College Advising Corps, and we're so glad to have him working in our office. 

Title: Admissions Representative
Hometown: Mount Airy, NC
Alma Mater: UNC-Chapel Hill
Time at Carolina: A little more than six years (four as a student, two as a Carolina College Advising Corps member, and three months in the Admissions Office)
Area of specialty in the office: Daily visit and recruitment travel

Why I love my job: Simply stated, I love telling people about Carolina.

Why I believe you should apply to Carolina: Carolina has a lot to offer ᅳ great academics, friendly people, and an abundance of opportunities.

When out on recruiting trips, I like to: Sample the local cuisine.

If I didn't work in admissions, I would be: Trying to find a job in admissions.
 If I were a fictional character, I would be: Aragorn from The Lord of the Rings
 Favorite ice cream flavor: Cookie dough with M&Ms
 Favorite song to sing when I’m in the car by myself: “Danny’s Song” by Loggins & Messina