Thursday, September 11, 2008

Meet Melissa Kotačka

Melissa A. Kotačka
Title: Assistant Director
NC territory: northeastern North Carolina (east of I-95 and north of US 264 plus Johnston County)
Out-of-State territory: Florida, South Carolina, Iowa, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
# of years at UNC: Two as a graduate student, less than one in Admissions
Hometown: I was born in Florida, spent my formative years in Iowa and have called Chapel Hill home for over five years now.
Area of specialty in office: Working with prospective music students, decoding international transcripts

If I weren’t an admissions director, I would be teaching middle school language arts.

When travelling in my recruitment territory, I like to expand my photography portfolio.

If I could be an undergraduate all over again, studying at Carolina, I would major in education and linguistics.