Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday On The Road: Laurie's Travels



Hello, Readers! I'm Laurie Hogan, one of the Admissions Counselors at UNC-Chapel Hill. Travel is a big part of our job during the fall months, so this week I'll be blogging from the road.

Travel is my favorite part of working in admissions. As a Carolina alumnae, I love talking about the University, and boy, can I talk. I also like meeting all of you in your high schools and hometowns. You surprise and impress me daily with stories about your academic achievements and involvement with activities. You're amazing people, and I'm lucky to be a part of your college search.

Here's a schedule of the locations I'm visiting this week. I'll be in Alamance, Caswell, Person, Granville, Vance, Franklin and Warren counties in North Carolina. If you see me at one of these college fairs, please stop by my table and let me know you saw the blog!

Monday: Alamance County at Elon University
Tuesday: Alamance County at Elon University; Chapel Hill/Carrboro and Orange County at UNC-Chapel Hill
Wednesday: Person Senior HS and Bartlett-Yancey HS
Thursday: Northern Vance HS, Southern Vance HS, JF Webb HS/South Granville HS
Friday: Bunn/Franklinton/Louisburg HS at Louisburg College; Warren County HS

As you may have guessed, admissions travel involves creativity in driving, restaurant scouting and lodging. I'll do my best to bring you the most exciting parts. Today I spoke with a lot of great students and parents in Alamance County. This is starting off to be a great week! I'll be back tomorow to tell you more.

Up Next: Equipment Essentials